Monday, February 23, 2009

Roberson's Report, Feb 23: 720


Got nothing done over the weekend, too busy orchestrating Georgia's 5th birthday. (Hint: It involved ponies...) Today I got started on the new Warhammer 40K novel, Sons of Dorn, but spent as much time getting everything ready to write as I did actually writing. (It's amazing how much reorganization my desk requires when I should be doing something else.) When starting new novels I usually post pretty crappy days for the first day or two, before getting up to speed, and today was certainly no exception. But if there were only 720 words pinned down today, they were 720 good words.

No samples, I'm afraid, since I don't actually own this one. But it involves a Space Marine meditating while shadow-fencing (ie. shadow-boxing with a sword), and packs in loads of backstory in just a few short paragraphs. The actual sword-fighting (and the attendant hacked limbs and such) doesn't start for another chapter or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment