Thursday, February 19, 2009

Progress Report, Day Nineteen

Today was a pretty productive day. Now if I will only start working on the projects that are most pressing, I might have a more sanguine attitude about the results.

Prose Writing: 651 Words.

Comics Writing: 13 Pages.

The prose work was just noodling mostly. Getting down a few lines that occurred to me when I wasn't actively trying to think about the various prose projects in various stages of production. But what the hell. Advancing the ball just a bit is better than not at all, or losing ground.
     The comics work was mostly on a new project that I can't mention yet. I was thinking about what I needed to do for the books I need to produce pages for, like JSA and Jack and Fables and The Literals, and that sparked some ideas for a project that isn't quite so pressing. So I did just a few pages of that, just to get the thing started. "Just to make sure I could find my way into the story," as Sturges might say. And doing those pages gave me an idea for Fables # 86, the non Bucky-drawn single story issue that immediately follows the Great Fables Crossover, and so I did some pages of that.
     But I swear, Matt and Shelly and other interested parties, that tomorrow I will do the pages I most need to do in the order in which they are most needed.
     Unless...

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on passing the 100k word mark for the contest!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. And 20 comic book pages in a day = 10 points since that would get you to 10k, just fyi. I don't know if that's possible, but hey, ya never know! :)

    Chris

    ReplyDelete