Saturday, February 14, 2009

Progress Report, Day Fourteen


Comics pages: 4
Prose words: 3,020

If anyone thought that Valentine's Day was going to throw me off my game, they were dead wrong. My wife does not believe in such things -- her opinion is that flowers received for no reason at all are better than those foisted upon you on an arbitrary romantic holiday. And before you say, "Oh, sure, she SAYS that, but she doesn't MEAN it," let me assure that she does, in fact, mean it.

That said, I got her a pink iPod shuffle, and she really seemed to like it. She got me a new pepper grinder, which doesn't sound romantic at all, but I wanted a new one and I really like grinding pepper. True love means knowing what they like to grind.

As for comics, I finally knocked out the story that I'd been freaking out over, and I think it turned out okay. I need to get over this notion that if a story doesn't have any comedy in it then it's not any good.

On the prose side, I plugged away at the novel some more, but I'm still not "in" it yet. I haven't quite found the voice I'm looking for. It just takes time, is all. I've learned to stop worrying about that kind of stuff.

So, apparently, tomorrow I can get ten points for 10k words? That seems like a lot of words. We'll have to see how that goes. I'll try it to see what it's like, but I can't imagine keeping up that kind of pace for any extended length of time.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'll ask the obvious question. If you don't celebrate Saint Valentine's Day, why the exchange of gifts?

    ReplyDelete