Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Tools of the Trade-


I have a friend who wants to write a novel that has a historical hook in it. At random, he asked if I had a copy of Timetables of History and if he could borrow it. I said sure and found that my copy was missing. (As my Dad used to say... "I don't know many accountants, but I have a lot of friends that are book-keepers.")

Anyway, I realized that I wanted the updated copy and went online and bought one. Most of my recent work has been from the parallel universe in my head and I have not had to interface with the real world as much. I had not realized just how much the internet had replaced the reference material I had in print when it comes to research. So here is an open question. Aside from something like a thesaurus, what are the essential books you need to reference to be able to write?

Bill

.

No comments:

Post a Comment