Sunday, March 1, 2009

last gasp--1,942 words



Well, it's not last place, but on the other hand, I did get a good fourth of the way into this novel. With polish and my own tinkering, Part One will clock in at around 30k words. Not bad for a cold start with a full private schedule and a last-minute buy in.

I was hoping to give Frick and Frack a better run for their money. Oh, well, there's always next time. And the Retreat Loometh, so there's some funnery to be had there.

I'm going to dust and polish and then send my finished chunk out for private review before writing a pitch and trying to sell the puppy. Maybe, just maybe, after the polish, I'll post some finished stuff on our Boards. Anyway, thanks for watching and cheering. Hope you enjoyed the snippets and the sniping. For being so supportive of each other, we are also our own harshest critics. I expect some bloodletting, now that we can read what we've written.

No comments:

Post a Comment